By Lloyd Gumbo
Zanu-PF yesterday set up a sub-committee to investigate national political commissar Saviour Kasukuwere’s allegations against three provincial chairpersons whom he unilaterally suspended at the weekend.
The committee will also investigate persons behind the Press statement issued by some members of the Zanu PF Youth League at a Press conference on Tuesday, February 16, where deputy national secretary for youth affairs Kudzanayi Chipanga, issued threats against war veterans and The Herald newspaper.
The sub-committee will present its finds to the National Disciplinary Committee.
Kasukuwere announced the suspension of Kizito Chivamba (Midlands), Ezra Chadzamira (Masvingo) and Biggie Matiza (Mashonaland East) at a provincial coordinating committee meeting held by Matabeleland North Province in Lupane last Saturday.
The suspensions defied the Politburo resolution at its last meeting that no member would be suspended without being subjected to a hearing. Kasukuwere accused the three of disobedience and indiscipline, accusations they all denied.
In a statement yesterday, Zanu PF secretary for Legal Affairs and the National Disciplinary Committee Patrick Chinamasa said the resolution was made at a national disciplinary committee meeting in Harare on Wednesday.
“Among other things, the committee deliberated on a number of disciplinary cases referred to it from the provinces and the National Women’s League Executive Council,” said Chinamasa. “Disciplinary cases finalised by the committee will be referred to the Politburo for consideration at its next meeting.
“At the meeting, the NDC set up a three member sub-committee chaired by the secretary for National Security, Kembo Mohadi and comprising Eunice Sandi-Moyo, Deputy Secretary for Women’s Affairs and Pupurai Togarepi, the secretary for Youth Affairs to carry out investigations into certain specified allegations of indiscipline.
“In particular, the committee was mandated to investigate allegations levelled against the following suspended provincial chairpersons; Joel Biggie Matiza, Ezra Ruvai Chadzamira and Kizito Chivamba.”
Kasukuwere had earlier insisted that Zanu-PF would not rescind the votes of no confidence, saying: “natural justice had already taken place.” He threatened the three provincial chairpersons at a rally in Chiweshe on Friday last week that he was “coming” for the trio.
Chinamasa said the committee was also tasked with investigating some youths who issued a press statement at a press conference on Tuesday.
“The sub-committee was further mandated to investigate persons behind the press statement issued by some members of the Zanu-PF Youth League at the press conference on Tuesday, 16th February, 2016,” said Chinamasa. The Herald