Christianity and Africans: A view by the Awakened Brother
By Awakened Brother
First of all I would like to emphasis the point that I am not a “bible basher”or neither am I an anti-christ. Secondly, I would like to assure all christians reading this article that it was and will never be my intention to disrespect or ridicule a religion that means a lot within your heart.
However if by any chance I seem to come across that way as you read this article, I would like to apologise to you upfront. The only thing that motivated me to write this article is for me to express my opinion from my own perspective. It is not my intention to offend anyone but simply to tell the truth as I know it.
Now that I have attempted to introduce myself and my article hopefully in the most appropriate way, so now let me get right into it.
Christianity is as foreign to Africans just the same way the concept of paying lobola is to the western mind. Before the christians came to Africa, most africans did not have a religion. To them their traditional beliefs were just their way of life. This was never regarded as a “religion”.
Christianity was introduced to the african by the white missionaries more often than not with a barrel of a gun no so far away. They had one arm on the bible another arm on the gun and their eyes starring at our natural resources. When the white man first set foot in the dark continent, the first thing he noticed is how pagan and uncivilised these dark people were. So he thought anyway.
The white man just could not grasp in his brain cells why these black people seem to be worshiping the sun, the moon, the trees, the crops, the cattle, the wild animals, the earth, the birds, the wind, the mountains, the hills, the rivers, the waterfalls, the lakes.
The white man’s fears were confirmed when he further noticed the africans venerating and praising their dead ancestors and relatives. This was a complete culture shock for the white man. These black people with their pagan lifestyles certainly needed baptism, deliverance and be born again. These Africans needed Jesus.
The african by default was required of him to denounce or incorporate his faith and belief in order to accept Jesus Christ as his personal saviour. The African by default had to effectively let go all principles and practices that his ancestors had been practising ever since mankind lived here on earth.
The african was taught and instructed to read a book which the white man told him was the divine word of God.
God’s absolute fingerprints in text.
A new religion was introduced to the African. This religion was called christianity. The main central belief of this religion was that God gave birth to a Son through His Holy Ghost with a Virgin called Mary. The son was to be called Jesus Christ. His main purpose here on earth was to teach people how to live the right way, perform miracles and heal people.
To accomplish his mission he also had to sacrifice his life by being nailed to a Cross and shed his blood in order to save mankind from sinning again against his Father to fulfil the divine prophesies.
In order for the african to be saved from continuous roasting and toasting in hell, the african had to be born again and accept Jesus Christ as his or her personal saviour. Whatever thats supposed to mean.
Meanwhile this Jesus Christ whilst still living here on earth wrote no account of either himself or his teachings. For someone who had a direct mission from Him who created the whole Universe one would not be wrong to assume that at least a written text would not be a bad idea.
Everything that we know of Jesus was written down forty to sixty years after his ascension to heaven by authors who claimed to have been his disciples. Not only were these texts translated into hebrew then latin and then english from the original greek, they were all voted for by a vote of hands by the bishops under the watchful eye of Emperor Constantine in 325 AD.
The texts claim that Jesus was brought to earth in a supernatural way and he was returned to his father in a supernatural way. The african was instructed to accept this religion and live and teach his or her children this belief system. Tough choice if you ask me.
Christianity propaganda has spread all over Africa like wild fire. If you have any doubts how much it has infiltrated the African mind just take a look through your window every Sunday morning. Shiny suits and fancy cars, one should be forgiven for mistaking the occasion for a fashion show.
The majority of Africans have now just begun to look like a herd of sheep. Christianity, Jesus worship and church going has been so incorporated into their way of living so much so that it has now become the norm.
Christianity is not an original religion. Christianity is a copied religion. Jesus Christ was not the only God-man that ever existed, there had been several accounts of other saviours that were known world wide way before Jesus. The following are other Sons of God who were known before Jesus who equally did the same thing that Jesus is claimed to have done. The similarities are striking
- According to the Bhagavata Purana, Krishna was born an immaculate birth, without any sexual union. It is believed that he was born by “mental transmission”from the mind of Vasudeva into the womb of Devaki, his mother. Krishna’s father was also a carpenter. Krishna was visited by wise man and shepherds at his birth and also was guided by a star. An angel warned that dictator planned to kill Krishna. In his adult life Krishna withdrew to the wilderness to pray and fast. Just like Jesus,the first miracle tha Krishna performed was to make a leper whole. Krishna also had disciples. Krishna also had a last supper and was crucified and then resurrected just like Jesus.
- Dionysus was born of a virgin on the 25th of December, and as a Holy Child was placed in a manger. He was a travelling teacher who performed miracles. Just like Jesus he rode on a triumphal procession on a donkey. Dionysus rose from the dead on March the 25th. Just like Jesus he also turned water into wine.. He was often referred to as ‘King of Kings’ and ‘God of Gods.’ He was considered the ‘Only Begotten Son, the Anointed One, the Alpha and the Omega.
- In the middle of the 100AD ,out along in the south coast of the Black Sea, Glycon was the son of the Gd Apollo, who came to Earth through a miracle birth.He was the Earthy manifestation of divinity in fulfilment of the divine prophesy. He gave out the power to speak in tongues, performed miracles, healed the sick and raised the dead.
- Zoroaster was born of a virgin through immaculate conception. He was born on the 25th of December. He was baptised in a river. In his youth he astounded wise men with his wisdom. Zoroaster began his ministry at the age of 30. He cast out demons and restored the sight of a blind man. He taught about heaven and hell and revealed mysteries, including resurrection, judgement, salvation ant the end times. He was often referred to the ‘Word made Flesh’. Just like christians,the Zoroaster followers also expected the ‘second coming.’
- Attis was born on December the 25th of the Virgin Nana. He was considered the saviour who was slain for the salvation of mankind. His body as bread was eaten by his worshipers.He was both the Divine Son and the Father. Just like Jesus he was also crucified on a tree, from which his Holy Blood ran down to redeem the earth. He descended into the underworld for three days and then resurrected.
- Born of a virgin, Isis . Only begotten son of the God Osiris. His birth was heralded by the star Sirius ,the morning star. Ancient Egyptians paraded a manger and a child representing Horus through the streets at the time of the winter solstice(Dec 21st). Herut tried to have Horus murdered. Isis had to hide the child. Horus walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, restored sight of the blind. Horus was also crucified and descended to hell but came back to life after three days.
I have clearly outlined the above similarities between the christian Jesus and the other sons of God who were well known during antiquity before christianity was even formed.
In my opinion Christianity is plagiarism at its best. I also would like to remind you that none of the above characters ever lived on earth in real life. The characters and their life accounts are what is known as mythology. They are all myths.
None of their worshipers ever claimed that their heroes ever existed in real life. All of their accounts are allegories symbolising something that is of major importance to mankind. During the Ancient times most people who would be initiated into these cults would receive a better understanding of the symbolism and the mythology.
Christianity has single handedly managed to make the African mind’s reasoning dysfunctional. This cancerous religion has ruined our communities and our children. Our way of living had been demonised. They have told us we are sinners. They have told us we are pagans.T hey have told us that we do not know who God is.
I have never came across an african who does not know who God is. Equally the same I have never came across an african who really know who Jesus is. Its time for us to change the way we live and think. Its time for us to start reasoning and say enough is enough. The Western man with his foreign religion has caused so much pain and division among us.
Our Ancestors have never been pagans. That is a blatant lie. It is not us who are pagans, it is them. We have never prayed to the sun, the moon, the trees, the crops, the cattle, the wild animals, the earth, the birds, the wind, the mountains, the hills, the rivers, the waterfalls, the lakes.
The white man did not understand the workings of God and Nature the way we do. It was the westerner that first called God a He.
In Zimbabwe the Shona people call God (Mwari-derived from Maari-which literally means in THYSELF). Notice how the Shona people do not give gender to God. Masculinity was never an african concept, it all came from the west.
It was the western man that showed no respect to the women. In Africa a woman is more revered than the male, largely because she is the creator. God manifests himself through everything. When we are thanking the sun we are praying to God the Creator. When we are thanking the moon we are praying to God the Creator. When we are thanking our crops, livestock, rivers, hills, mountains etc etc we are effectively talking to God the Creator.
I know that by writing this article I might have offended a lot people. I truly apologise if I did but I am here to tell the truth the way I know it. Long before the white man came to my country Zimbabwe, my ancestors were prosperous civilised God worshiping and God fearing people.
We were so advanced that the first white settlers assumed the Zimbabwe ruins must have been built by white people. My ancestors certainly did not know who Jesus and christianity were. The white man saw and heard us venerating our ancestors and he mistook it for ancestral worshiping.
Logic alone would tell you that we all exist because of our parents and our parents’ parents and so forth. Thanking the people of your lineage that came before you hardly qualifies as ancestral worship.
I shall now close this article with the following simple words.
There is only one God, the Creator of everything in existence in this Universe .God’s spoken words are in abundance as they manifest themselves through all God’s creation. God is neither a he nor a she. God is God.
God speaks to everybody everyday and everywhere. God loves everybody and there is no special way or special route to talk to God.
God’s manifestation is through you, through me, through the sun ,the moon, the stars, the wind,the birds, the trees, the flowers, the air, the wind, the soil.
God’s manifestation is through everything so go ahead and talk to God.
That is not paganism.
Peace and Love.