By Lisa Mangena
A man from Bulawayo who last week allegedly attacked and killed a 17-year-old boy with a machete a few metres away from Mahweba Night Club in Cowdray Park, has appeared in court.
Bornwell Ndlovu (26) and his co-accused who is still at large allegedly brutally hacked Talent Sibanda to death at around 8:30 PM on Saturday last week.
Ndlovu appeared before Western Commonage magistrate Mr Lungile Ncube facing a charge of murder and was not asked to plead.
He was remanded in custody to April 12 for routine remand.
The prosecutor, Mr Kenneth Shava, said on the night of the incident, Sibanda got to Mahweba night club already drunk.
“He bought a snooker token and put the balls in his bag. A security guard who was at the door held Sibanda and took the balls back into the club before evicting him.
“A fight later broke out between him, Ndlovu and his co-accused,” he said.
Ndlovu and his friend assaulted and hacked Sibanda with a machete, the court heard.
Sibanda was ferried to Mpilo Central Hospital that night and died before he could reach the hospital.
Mr Shava said Sibanda’s family was informed about his death at around 4AM and a police report was made. The Chronicle