Zimbabwe News and Internet Radio

Boy (12) dies of food poisoning

In a case of suspected food poisoning, a 12-year-old boy died on Tuesday after consuming food at a birthday party which was held at their house in Highfield over the weekend.
At least 24 people, who attended the same function on Saturday, also complained of stomach pains after consuming the food.

The party, attracted between 35 and 50 people.

Jason Katoya was in Grade Six at Chipembere Primary School.

National police spokesperson Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi confirmed the incident and said investigations were still in progress.

“A Harare boy aged 12 died on November 3, 2020 after attending a birthday party where he and several other people complained of stomach pains and were taken to a local hospital.

“The party was held on October 31 and the food was consumed by about 35 to 50 people,” he said.

He said about 25 people, who complained of stomach aches were taken to Highfield Polyclinic where three of them including Jason had their conditions deteriorated.

The three were taken to Sally Mugabe Central Hospital where Jason died on Tuesday.

Police are still carrying out investigations. The Herald

Comments