Proliner Luxury Coaches, whose bus was involved in road accident along the Harare-Masvingo Highway which claimed 31 lives recently, is calling on survivors and relatives of the deceased to approach the company for compensation.
The bus owners also apologised for the accident.
The horrific accident, in which the bus was allegedly side-swiped by a haulage truck before catching fire, killed the 31 people and left scores injured.
Proliner spokesperson Mr Gift Katulika said last week that the bus was fully insured and urged the injured to approach the company’s general manager, Mr Gift Jamwanda, to lodge their claims.
“Proliner Luxury Coaches is very sorry about the fatal bus disaster which occurred at Nyamativi River on April 5, 2017 along the Harare-Masvingo Highway,” he said.
“My main message is that families of the deceased should bring us the burial orders of their departed loved ones, while survivors should bring medical bills. Those still in need of medical check-ups can contact our general manager Mr Gift Jamwanda on +263773 139 608.”
Mr Katulika apologised on behalf of the company for failing to attend some of the funerals as staff members were ‘hopping from one hospital to the other to help injured victims’.
The company has also expressed interest in joining hands with Government and local traditional leaders in organising a ‘cleansing ceremony’ of the place where the accident occurred.
Mr Katulika said Proliner adopted measures to ensure that accidents of such nature did not occur in future. The Herald