Zimbabwe News and Internet Radio

Bulawayo man catches wife with lover… gets bashed for disturbing

A man from Hope Fountain on the outskirts of Bulawayo allegedly got more than what he had bargained for when he followed his wife to her boyfriend’s home.

Bulawayo man catches wife with lover... gets bashed for disturbing
Bulawayo man catches wife with lover… gets bashed for disturbing

He found them in bed before the latter ran amok and severely assaulted him as punishment for disturbing them.

Emlothi Mlilo (53) will apparently live to rue the day he followed his wife Tryphine Sibanda to her boyfriend Thembani Ncube (38)’s place in Douglasdale. Ncube teamed up with his friend Thomas Sibanda and beat him up.

Circumstances are that on 19 October this year, Mlilo returned from work and found his wife not at home.

Mlilo who had been suspecting that his wife was having an affair with Ncube immediately proceeded to Ncube’s home at Number 84 Devon Close, Douglasdale.

It is reported that upon arrival, his suspicions were proven true when he forcibly opened the door leading to Ncube’s bedroom and found the two lovebirds, Tryphine and Ncube in bed.

A clash reportedly ensued between the two parties, Mlilo and Ncube. In a fit of anger, Mlilo forcibly took Ncube’s cellphone and bolted out of the bedroom leaving the two lovebirds to continue with their romance.

Fearing that his rival had confiscated his cellphone so as to use it as proof that he took it after he found him in bed with his wife, Ncube immediately teamed up with Sibanda and assaulted Mlilo with fists all over the body.

In the process Ncube also accused his rival of disturbing him by allegedly walking into his bedroom without knocking.

As a result of the attack, Mlilo sustained a swollen head and ribs. He went and reported the matter to the police leading to the arrest of Ncube and Thomas. For the offence the two were dragged before Bulawayo magistrate Tinashe Tashaya charged with assault.

The duo was however, convicted on their own plea of guilty and were each sentenced to nine months imprisonment of which three months were suspended for five years on condition that they would not within that period commit a crime of a similar nature.

A remainder of six months was further suspended on condition that they each perform 210 hours of unpaid labour at Hillside Police Station. B Metro